Wish You Were Here?
Choose two or three of the places on the list and then do some research to find as much information about those places as you can. You can use maps, books, pictures, internet (Google and YouTube) etc. Be ready in the next lesson to present the information about your chosen locations to your partner(s).
Isle of Skye, Scotland
Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, England
Giant’s Causeway, N. Ireland
Baiae, Gulf of Naples
Try to find answers to these questions for your locations.
1. Where is the place?
2. What’s the best way to travel there?
3. What’s the best way to get about when you are there?
4. What kind of weather can you expect in different seasons?
5. What is the landscape/cityscape like?
6. What is the surrounding area like?
7. What can you see, visit or do in the area?
8. Is it possible to do any special activities there?
9. Are there any festivals of cultural celebrations?
10. Is the place famous for any food specialities?
11. Does the area have an interesting history?
12. Are there other interesting places nearby?
13. What is the local economy based on?
14. Have you been there yourself? Would you recommend it?
15. Or: Does it sound like a place you´d like to go to yourself?
16. How likely is it you might really go there one day, or go back again?
17. Would you like to live there?