Mike in Finland

Tuesday 21 June 2011

My Forthcoming Reading Events


Here´s the latest news about my forthcoming readings, with dates and venues:

London
Friday 15th July: I´ll be reading in the art gallery of Swiss Cottage library again. This will be a poetry event with fellow-poet, Peter Daniels, heading the programme. Peter has recently published a pamphlet with Happenstance Press called Mr Luczinski Makes a Move. Peter´s well known on the London poetry scene and his new pamphlet contains several prize-winning poems, including the winning poem in the Times Literary Supplement competition, 2010. I´m honoured to be reading with him. I´ll be reading from my collection, Midas Touch, which was published by Ward Wood Publishing last year. Doors open at 18.00 and the reading begins at 18.30. The library address is: 88, Avenue Road, London NW3.

Dublin
Friday 16th September: I´m reading with fellow Ward Wood authors, Sue Guiney, Shauna Gilligan* and Noel Duffy, at the Irish Writers´ Centre, Parnell Square, Dublin. Reading begins at 18.30. I´m not sure yet if this will be a poetry or prose event, or possibly a mixture. The readings will be followed by a question time. I´ll post more exact details closer to the time.

Dublin
Saturday 17th September: With Sue, Shauna* and Noel again, we´re reading at The Twisted Pepper cafe (best coffee in Dublin, I´m reliably informed) at 54, Middle Abbey Street. This will be an afternoon event, start time 15.00.

*I´ve added Shauna Gilligan to the list of Ward Wood writers at these two Dublin events. Her short story collection, The Red Girl, is due next February.

London
Saturday 22nd October: I´m reading at the Poetry Society´s venue, The Poetry Cafe, at 22, Betterton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2. This will be an evening od readings by Ward Wood Publishing poets. I will be reading poems from Midas Touch. I don´t know exactly which other poets will be reading there, but I´ll post more details later.

2 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to the Dublin events! Have fun in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Sue. And have a good summer.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.