Mike in Finland

Thursday 1 November 2012

Poetry Reading in Tampere



I´m very happy to announce a poetry reading event in Tampere at which I will be reading alongside Martti Hynynen and Donald Adamson. The event will take place on Friday 9 November at 18.00 in the International Meeting Place at Suvantokatu 13 in Tampere (near the Russian Orthodox Church). The theme is `Finland and Translation´: Martti will read poems from `saari, nimetön luotto´ and I will read translations of his poems in English. Donald will be reading his English translations of Eeva Kilpi and Lassi Nummi, with the original Finnish, as well as some of his own poems. I will be reading poems from my collection, Midas Touch.

The event is hosted by the Finnish-British Society. There will be two 30 minute sets, with a break of about 15-20 minutes when refreshments will be available. Entrance is free and all are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.